5 Reasons Why We Should Share Books for Children
This is one of stories that I really want to share it to you guys. Why? because I have to share it to you!. Haha sounds weird ya, but I have 5 reasons why.
Aaaaaaaaah booooorrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiing. . . !! -_-
Woooo whaaaaaat??? I guess some of you are thinking that this story will make you feel bored and maybe you can guess it easily the end of this story. Yaaaaaa you’re right, to be honest the reason why I didn’t write this story from long time ago is because of this, how to make this story fun and make you feel not bored at all. Hmm, well . . . I’m just an amateur writer, so this is not easy for me, but I feel more confidence while I’m having talk directly with you! :) so friend, let’s imagine I’m in front of you and talking to you, ah! with a cup of coffee and maybe some biscuits, or you can change it to tea or beer whatever you like, haha! :D
Okay, so what do you think? if this question coming from me to you, what’s your reasons? Tell me, what do you think book is better than another stuff like PS4 or action figure or moba skins or tiktok gifts? okay stop mention lot of products, It just sample and I’m not their marketing, haha!
Well, you have some good points, great! awesome! I really glad to know yours, so would you like to let me share from my point of view? Yeay! Thanks! so these are 5 reasons why we should share books for children . . .
1. Books are good stuff
Not really . . . , yes you’re right! not all books in this universe are good. All is depend on the readers point of view, like music, everyone has own preferences, same with books. So basically books are good, right? Okay I give you five examples.
- First, book is a source of knowledge, that’s true. Remember at school or university, we need books to help us study.
- Second, books are fun, it can entertain us, yes that’s totally true. Novel and comic are kind of books that lot of people always read almost everyday.
- Third, books can be our mood booster, yap that’s true, some people read books when they are in not good mood, like after break up with someone. Or it can makes they become more sad because they want to feel that.
- Fourth, books can be bored killer, it’s absolutely yes, so many people including me always read books when feel bored, like when waiting for something or someone, like while on the plane or when I have no idea what to do.
- The last thing, books can make you travel to that story, like without we realised, sometimes we imagine that we go to that story and be part of the story or we imagine all of stories like we fly to there and watch whole story with our own eyes.
“That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.” — Jhumpa Lahiri
2. Reading is a good habit
You must be agree with me about this, right? Yes, reading is a good habit, but . . . if we read something good. Why? ya because if we read something like hoax news or any kind of bad contents, of course it’s a bad habit, not good at all. So, as long as we read good books and it keep continuing it everyday, I believe that we will get lot of good things for that, including the knowledge.
The question is how we can make it a good habit?
I know it’s really hard to make something good become our habit, including reading. Then how we can make reading as our habit?
I think, I have some solutions that maybe we can use it, hehe
- We need to understand that we need books, like for school, office and entertain.
- When we have free time, we need to choose books instead of instagram for example. Like we make it as high priority than instagram.
- We need to love those books, if we love those, I believe that we can easily to have this good activity and doing this everyday, then become an habit.
“Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.” — Maya Angelou
3. They are our next generation
Question, if you have children, do you want them to become great people even greater than you?
If yes, why do you want them become like that?
I believe some of you will say, “of course, they are my children, I want them to become more success than me, I will be proud of them!”
Yes, so how you can do to make it happen?
Now, I got your answers. And at the same time, you understand right that we need to make them (our next generation) great! Even if they are not our own children, but we understand that in the future they will lead us and we need them.
“There are many little ways to enlarge your child’s world. Love of books is the best of all.” –Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
4. Sharing is caring
“Hey! I know you’re hungry, I give you half of cake, hope you like it! :)”
“Hey! I know you’re tired, come inside, you can join me in this cab, we’re living at the same apartment, come! :)”
“Hey, you look so sad, don’t be sad, here there’s a cute cat video, you will love it! haha :D”
. . .
Maybe we didn’t realise that these kind of things can make them happy, we care about them, then without we realise that we did something good to make them happy, we gave them something that we had to make them happy. It’s sharing, because we care.
“Sharing is Caring — Teaching our children to share is teaching them compassion and love.” — Kevin Heath
I have an experience with sharing books to children in some of places, like what I did with my friends in Sumba, East Nusa Tenggara at couple months ago. To be honest, I was so happy that time, as always. I saw them happy and that’s the main reason. Their smile, their laugh, all of these always never fail to make me happy, not just me, but all of my friends were so happy at that time.
If we happy to share good things to others, like sharing books for children, I believe that we want to make it happen again and again.
Special thanks to all of you who love sharing good things like book for children for example. We love you! ❤